I have this bookshelf that I have been working on for sometime now, it’s work in progress. I started the project with my two boys as a way for us to earn some extra money. We went to the hardware store together to pick out the wood. I mean, we were ready to whip this bookshelf out and it was going to be awesome. As we began working together, things started to go down hill really quickly. The air compressor did not have enough pressure for nail to work. The wood pieces didn’t fit just right. The list could go on and on. So, you know what we did? We just stopped, put the shelf to the side and said we would work on it another day. Time has gone by, and the shelf still sits. A couple days ago, I started working on the shelf to try to finish it up.
As I was working, I started thinking about how our life in Christ is a work in progress. First, we must invite him into our hearts so that the great carpenter can go to work crafting you into his own image. God is at work around you all the time, so don’t give up like I did on the bookshelf. There will be days that go by that you don’t feel God is at work, but He is there for you. He said, “I will never leave you or forsake you.”
So, keep plugging along!

The book shelf looks awesome and I am so excited to see what work God is doing in you!!
ReplyDelete